Saturday, June 25, 2011

All Aboard the Dinosaur Train!...and Happy Birthday, Elias.

Elias is 2! Both in year and attitude. He is fascinated by the PBS Kids show, Dinosaur Train and chose that as his party theme when given multiple options. So, Dinosaur Train it was! We kept this little shindig small, with just his cousins, grandparents and best little buddies Caleb and Samaria. He told me for about a month that his birthday needed "Cake! Presents! Balloons! Sam at my house!" Thanks to fickle Oregon weather, we didn't get to have the party outside like I had hoped and planned (cold, wind, rain on June 18th? Really, Oregon?) so we had to go to plan...C, I think it was, and make due inside. The good news is that I was able to deliver cake, presents, balloons (Dinosaur Train themed nonetheless...thank you, eBay) and Sam at his house (thanks Kara!).


Cupcakes integrated with the Dinosaur Train=perfect (and easy) Dinosaur Train Cake.


How lucky am I that I have such a talented and creative husband who is fully invested in my children's lives...to the point that he happily comes alongside his crazy, birthday-party-obsessed wife to create fabulous cakes (and so much more) for our kids.


You should know 2 things: 1) He looks exhausted and ill because he is a horrific allergy sufferer like his Daddy, 2) For some inexplicable reason he chose to use the dinosaur topper off his cupcake as a utensil to eat the cupcake with.


Once the cupcakes were devoured, the train was free to be played with with his buddy, Sam.


The kids got dinosaur masks in their goodie bags and cousin Bryce was kind enough to model one.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks like an epic party! I was like you about the parties, we've had Elmo cakes, Oscar the Grouch, the awesome Bugs life anthill cake, the lego cakes, the Emerald City Cake, the Napoleon Dynamite Cake, the Harry Potter Quidditch match cake... my head hurts just thinking about them all, but guess what? Now that my big kids are big kids... well, enjoy all those cakes Erica, the time flies by quicker than a cupcake dinosaur awesome train cake! You did great mama.

    ReplyDelete